Probably you all know what happens during a period. Your cravings go into overdrive, your stomach cramps and you may have to go through pain. Eating habit during the period can relief you a lot from these problems.
If you don’t maintain good eating habit during the current period then you may have an irregular period next time. So, it’s good to maintain Womens fitness during periods to reduce pain.
Here are some foods that will help you a lot for maintaining your health during periods.
- Lean Protein & Fiber: this will help your blood sugar remain stable offsetting your carvings. You can eat a tablespoon of almond butter or an apple with cheese.
- Iron reach foods: Most menstruating women may lack iron because of the blood they eliminate. Eat iron rich foods like hamburgers and spinach.
- Caffeine: This will help you ease cramps and may eliminate extra lethargy you may feel during the period. So it’s good to start a day with a cup of coffee.
- Salmon: Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Omega-3 fatty acids are good for providing menstrual relief (reduced pain). Salmon, avocados, nuts and olive oil are a good source of Omega-3 Fatty Acids.
- Skimmed or low-fat milk and eggs (Calcium-vitamin D): Calcium and vitamin D can be boon for reducing PMS symptoms. Fish, egg yolk, mushrooms and fortified food prods are the good source of vitamin D whereas milk, leafy greens, soy, almonds, sesame seeds, and cheese are the good source of calcium.
It’s better to eat above-mentioned foods to make Womens fitness to the normal level during periods.